Phone Support Lead
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Mieka for example. She began her career as a Category Analyst in eCommerce, before joining Opencare as a Customer Success Manager. During her time in this role, Mieka took the initiative to start solving problems for our remote Support Operations team. Today, Mieka is responsible for overseeing Billing and Accounts Receivable, and is managing the remote Support team to ensure the best possible customer experience for our dental practices.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Support Operations Team’s Vision
Our vision is to ensure that our customers, both patients and dentists, have an amazing experience partnering with Opencare, and this is where our extraordinary Support team steps in. We only invite the best dentists in North America to join our platform, and want to ensure that they experience the white-glove treatment that they deserve, regardless of when or how they reach out to us.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Phone Support Lead at Opencare, you will be pioneering, building, reinventing, and executing on our first ever phone support service. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible experience for our customers, and you'll be a part of making that happen by creating an experience that ensures every customer interaction is helpful and personalized. You will spend your days speaking with our practices to help tackle technical difficulties, billing issues, and general inquiries and concerns.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Improve customer experience by handling incoming inquiries regarding technical support, billing, and general questions and concerns
- Support the growth of a superstar phone support team for our practices, by creating scripts, training agents, and rolling out the phone support channel
- Ensure the upkeep in our knowledge base, coordinate with our offshore support team, and serve meaningful insights to the business
- Identify trends in the challenges our customers face and work collaboratively to help proactively solve them
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Experiment with and build out additional support channels, including Chat and Email, to allow our customers more flexibility in how they receive support and ensure that no matter where customers are, or how they're interacting with Opencare, they're taken care of
- Extend the Support practice to our Patients, and building out the strategy for ensuring that our Patients have the same exceptional customer experience as our Practices
- Support the launch of upcoming Opencare products and ensure that all new customers receive outstanding customer service
- Dive deep into meaningful cross-customer problems and develop solutions that result in a win for all parties involved
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- Previous experience in a customer support role, specifically providing phone support
- Prior experience with customer support software or a ticketing system (eg. Drift, FreshDesk, HelpScout, ZenDesk)
- The ability to solve problems from multiple angles and with a creative approach - there is no box!
- A strong sense of empathy for your customers, and motivation to understand their needs and advocate for them
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize ruthlessly
- Outstanding teamwork and a drive to collaborate with other colleagues and teams to solve critical business problems
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- Project and process management through launching new support channels, like Chat and Email
- Team management - you’ll gain exposure to hiring, onboarding, training, and managing an offshore support team
- Leveraging ZenDesk to manage your customer support flow and provide exceptional ongoing service to customers
What we offer you
Ownership: from day one, you will be deeply involved in defining the strategy and planning for your team. You will help shape the direction of Opencare!
Serious investment in your personal growth: we offer leadership coaching, regular access to a performance psychologist, and mentors in Silicon Valley
Robust wellness program: full health benefits, performance and wellness coaches flown in from San Francisco, in-office yoga sessions, wellness retreats, a nap & meditation room and more...
Unlimited vacation & sick days: we insist that each employee takes adequate time to recharge and avoid burnout
Healthy food and drinks: daily organic catered lunches, snack bar and fridge full of healthy snacks
Top-of-market compensation: we believe that the best people should be compensated as the best people
Stock options: everyone who works at Opencare owns a part of Opencare and gets considerable financial upside as we continue to grow
Team events: we share a passion for our work and also know how to have fun (team retreats, monthly events, weekly socials etc.)
Great downtown location: we have a spacious, open-concept office right at Dundas and University
- Culture is our number one priority -- which is why we have such an amazing team!
- We are delivering over $165 million in patient value each year (and growing!)
- Patients love Opencare, giving us a net promoter score higher than their iPhone and Netflix
- Funded by top-tier US venture firms and angels (8VC, ff VC, Real Ventures, Collaborative Fund, and more)