Senior .NET Developer (Technical Lead)
Before you read any further: Our strength at Opencare relies on the diversity of perspective that we work hard to craft on our team. We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Engineering Team’s Vision
In order to achieve our vision, we need an extraordinary engineering team that is creative, passionate, and user-focused. We are a technology company that happens to be in healthcare, and we treat ourselves as such.
Our Engineering team is always looking for opportunities to reinvent and improve our processes so you will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to solve problems on your own and learn by doing.
How will you help to get us there?
As the tech lead for our .Net Development, you will be a critical member of our growing Engineering team by leading our .Net development initiatives and sharing your technical knowledge and extensive understanding of Windows software development processes and methodologies.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Owning Opencare’s Sync platform by building complex technical solutions and developing new functionality to enable Opencare to read and write data to/from our Dental Practice’s management software
- Helping evolve the technical foundation for this early stage project
- Working on future-facing products that are critical to opening up a platform for Opencare to add more product offerings
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Providing technical leadership to the team by driving and contributing to strategic technology decisions around Windows desktop application development and the back-end technology needed to support the client-server infrastructure
- Exploring new technologies and development frameworks that will be leveraged internally and providing adoption recommendations
- Identifying new opportunities to leverage the Opencare desktop platform to support our business goals
- Mentoring colleagues to up-level them on the Microsoft stack
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- Strong experience developing desktop applications in C# and .NET and using the Microsoft tech stack (eg. Visual Studio, SQL, etc.)
- Experience in defining, designing, implementing, testing, and developing Windows desktop software solutions
- Collaborative by nature and passionate about working cross-functionally to facilitate knowledge transfer and consumption
You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Develop your technical leadership and mentorship skills
- Grow your product management skills by always focusing on the end user first and foremost