Senior Manager, Operations (RCM)
Business Operations /
Before you read any further: Diversity and inclusion is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and our ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Opencare is on a mission to untangle healthcare. We believe that preventive care is the best path to optimal health, so we work hard to make the patient experience as transparent, convenient, and comfortable as possible. Today, we are focused on connecting patients to exceptional dental care, which means only recommending the top 10% of dentists in the city. At every step of the patient journey -- from personalizing the initial search, to making it effortless to book appointments online, to ensuring the actual visit is as enjoyable as possible -- we make sure patients are properly cared for throughout the entire process.
Opencare is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Operations for our RCM business line.
We are looking for someone who can help us grow our second business line: Revenue Cycle Management. This service, Opencare Revenue Cycle Management (“RCM”), will help dental offices take care of the finances of their business so they can focus on patient experience. We are building out a team to help with insurance billing, verifying insurance, and closing out aging claims at dental practices. The candidate will have a strong background in implementing technological solutions and optimizing operational processes to join our RCM Team.
Our Senior Manager, Operations will be responsible for the delivery of the product. They will manage a global team of specialists in North America, India, and the Philippines to provide insurance verification and claims management to our dental practices. Given we are growing our business line, the Senior Manager, Operations will be instrumental in developing operational best practices for our RCM teams, working closely with our Business Transformation Manager. The position will report directly into the CFO/COO.
Past experience in working in an early stage start-up is an asset, but not required.
Your Impact 6 Months Into the Role:
- Developing a clear understanding of our business, customers, and how to support both effectively
- Managing and growing a team of insurance verification, claims, and quality assurance specialists to deliver the product
- Identifying gaps in our processes and/or product that affect the success of our customers and our team, and together with the business transformation manager design/implement the processes that can address those gaps
- Working closely with the engineering team to provide product feedback and suggestions that accelerate automation and accuracy
- Supporting the sales and product teams to test and optimize product positioning, pricing, and features
- Implementing new product features to a team of over 100 people, to drastically improve their productivity and the quality of their day-to-day work
Your Impact 12 Months Into the Role
- Building scalable and repeatable processes that help our customers have an excellent experience every time they engage with Opencare
- Optimizing our resource management techniques to ensure the high quality service for our customers and the most profitable business line possible
- Leading quarterly planning for our RCM Operations team, including staffing, resource management and implementation
What Skills Will You Bring to the Team From Day One:
- You strive for a holistic understanding of any business or activity you’re involved in, especially the fundamentals that drive growth and success
- A strong foundation in Operations principles and best practices, including experience in building out and running Operations at a start-up or high growth company
- Self starter with a demonstrated track record of critical thinking and problem solving applied to ambiguous problems
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading people managers
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build a team, with international team management a strong plus
- Highly effective communicator, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with other functions like Sales, Customer Success, Product and Engineering to build feedback loops between Operations and the rest of the business.
- Ability to quickly pinpoint problems, understand their root cause, and come up with creative solutions (including how to implement those solutions)
- Naturally curious and energized by working in an ambiguous environment
- Analytical and take action based on data, not just your gut feeling
What Skills Will You Have the Opportunity to Develop:
- Unique opportunity to join a team that is prime for scaling, scaling our team from ~75 to over 150 customers in 2021
- Experience working on a early stage product, that is developing quickly and improving constantly