Head of Product
Product Management /
Before you read any further:
Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway!
Take our Head of Growth, Sean, for example. Sean spent the past few years of his career in the food and restaurant industry, leading marketing at Chefs Plate and ChefHero. In his first 6 months, Sean helped to double our revenue and build a really strong infrastructure for our Marketing team!
Sean identified strategic areas of opportunity and was not afraid to roll up his sleeves to help the team hit their targets. Outside of driving growth at Opencare, Sean is a fitness fanatic and in his spare time, he is most likely spotted running or biking outside.
To create technology that removes operational burden from dentists, so they can focus on patient care and experience
Opencare is building technology to transform the dental industry.
Running a dental practice is becoming more and more complicated every year. At Opencare, we believe that dentists shouldn't have to worry about managing their practice, which frees them up to prioritize world class patient care experiences. After all, we live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths.
Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. We want to change that.
Through the Opencare technology platform, we are enabling dentists to connect with new patients, streamline their day-to-day operations, and manage their billing seamlessly. All of this frees up time and energy that can be dedicated to helping patients understand and improve their oral wellness.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here and you can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Product Vision
Over the next few years, we are building a holistic platform that encompasses a number of products that are critical to the success of dental practices as they recover from COVID-19. From growing their practice, to managing their billing processes, and streamlining their revenue management, Opencare will be the partner that solves their business operations challenges.
Our belief is that we must create products that both our dentists and patients adore. The value of Opencare is so clear and evident that it become a no-brainer to get onto the Opencare platform and reap the benefits.
How does this role help us reach that vision?
As our first Head of Product, you will be developing the strategy and playbook for how our PM, Design, and Engineering teams create these features and products that will make our customers lives so much easier.
As part of the executive team, you will be bringing company objectives with customer insights to create our 3 and 5 year product vision. Translating that vision into actionable product lines and strategy, you’ll then drive the overarching roadmap to get it into market. Leading a team of ~20 in a high-trust environment, you will prioritise building scalable processes that work effectively to ship quality software predictably.
You will be partnering with sales, marketing, and customer operations to ensure continuous feedback loops that improve our products.
Your impact 6 months into the role
- Understanding our current product management vision, processes, and have diagnosed the key areas that need to be improved
- Outlining a clear 3 year product strategy and 12 month roadmap
- Building strong coaching relationships with your team that focuses on safety and vulnerability that allows the team to bring their whole-self to work
- Collaborate with the executive team to understand our entire business, and bringing your wealth of experience to make the best decisions possible across all aspects of our high growth business
Your impact, one year into the role
- :Continuing to iterate and improve on all aspects of our product vision and operations as we accelerate through 2021
- Continually pushing Opencare to challenge our beliefs and expectations and exceed the expectations of our customers
- Driven significant revenue growth through product enhancements and new product launches
- Developing a high-performing team who are engaged, innovative, entrepreneurial, and well supported in their career development
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- Wealth of experience in building, scaling, and inspiring product, design, and engineering teams
- Passionate about complex B2B products, but also comfortable with B2C products - we need to support both patients and dentists!
- Experienced driving $30m p.a revenue product in a rapid scaling environment (think +100% YoY growth)
- You’ve built strong product processes and are comfortable working 1-on-1 with your team to tackle tricky problems and get deeper understanding of the dynamics at play
- Comfortable in positively resolving the people challenges that emerge in a rapid growth environment
- A genuine passion for understanding and influencing the whole business and getting into the details to be a well-informed thought-leader
- The ability to communicate with executive teams and advocate for both the product function, and our customers, at a strategic level