Talent Acquisition Partner
People & Talent
Before you read any further: Diversity of thought is our thing at Opencare; we’ve worked hard to craft a team with a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Why? We're glad you asked! We are all solving the same set of problems from our own unique lenses, and this is fundamental to our success as a business and ability to produce creative solutions. Experience means something different to each of us, and your unique combination of skills, passions, and experiences makes you a valuable asset to our team.
Don’t feel like you perfectly fit this role? Do us a favour and apply anyway! Take Stacey for example. After building out her career in Talent across multiple industries, from IT to Financial Services, Stacey joined Opencare to take full ownership of Talent Acquisition strategy and execution for the Product and Engineering side of our business. After building out talent infrastructure from the ground up and significantly accelerating the hiring capacity and velocity for her teams, she has moved into a focus on Executive hiring across all parts of the business. Stacey is also taking ownership over candidate experience and talent operations to ensure that the team is set up for success as we continue to scale - two off her biggest passions! The team would not be the same without Stacey, and we are so excited to see her role and impact on the business continue to evolve.
To enable people to have optimal health of mind and body, by ensuring they get the preventive care they need.
Opencare is re-designing the dentist visit with a focus on wellness. We live our most important life moments, from laughing and smiling to eating and talking, through our mouths. Yet for such an important body part, the thought of visiting the dentist instills fear and confusion in most people. To us, that doesn’t make any sense.
That’s why we’re rebuilding every moment of the dental experience; not only to be impactful during the visit, but life enriching afterward, too. If you never thought you’d say “Wow, I love my dentist!”, our goal is to get you there.
We believe that people reach their full potential at work when they are happy and healthy outside of work. You can learn more about our culture, as well as our professional and personal benefits here. You can also hear about it directly from our team here.
Our Talent Team’s Vision
Our team is the engine that powers growth and we invest a lot of time in finding exceptional individuals who share our passion, and believe in our mission. To find these special individuals we are building a world-class Talent Acquisition team, right here in Toronto, who will uncover the best and brightest individuals the world has to offer and bring them to Opencare.
We believe Talent Acquisition’s role goes beyond writing job descriptions and reviewing resumes. Talent plays an irreplaceable role in growing Opencare, by starting with the root business challenges facing the company and solving them with the right individuals. For us, the Talent Acquisition team is a business builder and a decision maker; this sentiment starts at the top of our organization and is shared throughout the company.
How will you help to get us there?
As a Talent Partner at Opencare, you will be owning all Talent Acquisition strategy and execution for individual contributor hiring across all teams at Opencare, and solving critical business challenges across the organization through the discovery of exceptional talent.
Your impact, six months into the role:
- Working in partnership with the leadership team to diagnose their business problems, and come up with a Talent strategy to address them
- Developing clear competencies for each role and collaborate to define what success looks like in this position
- Designing fair and equitable assessment processes to ensure we are gathering all necessary data points about candidates
- End-to-end, full cycle recruitment including sourcing passive candidates that are perfectly matched to our needs
- Discovering and engaging with world-class talent across a variety of platforms, tools, and resources
- Building and nurturing a pipeline of excellent candidates for a number of concurrent positions across the business
- Researching and mapping out business-critical markets to inform our hiring strategies
- Using data and metrics to inform your recruitment, from identifying fluctuations in conversion rate, to A/B testing reach out concepts, you’ll have all the numbers at your fingertips to make informed decisions
Your impact, one year into the role:
- Owning and leading hiring for a significant part of the company with autonomy and leveraging the wider team to support you in hitting ambitious hiring goals
- Championing key initiatives that impact the broader Talent function; from employer branding, candidate experience, to overhauling how we interview, there are many opportunities to stretch yourself beyond day-to-day recruiting
- Building a presence within the GTA tech scene as a thought-leader in Talent Acquisition
- Fostering executive level relationships and involvement in strategic decision making that impacts the whole company
What skills will you bring to the team from day one?
- An in-depth and nuanced understanding of your business, and a genuine passion for understanding how business problems can be solved through Talent Acquisition
- You’re comfortable in a full-cycle Talent Acquisition role, and have a passion to keep improving your skills
- A desire to go beyond traditional recruiter-hiring manager relationships and to become a business problem solver
- Experience in building and scaling recruitment processes from the ground up
- Familiarity with key recruitment tools such as boolean searching, Applicant Tracking Systems (eg. Lever, Greenhouse, Taleo), LinkedIn Recruiter, job boards etc, and the strengths and drawbacks of each
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums, and to all audiences
What skills will you have the opportunity to develop?
- A strong data-driven approach to Talent Acquisition, starting with candidate pipeline analysis and using the insights to derive messaging and engagement targets to guarantee a successful search
- Building a tailored talent process from the ground up and recruiting in a high-growth environment across all teams, including Engineering, Product, Marketing & Growth, Sales, Data, Customer Success, and more!
- Taking a creative and experimental approach to Talent discovery and engagement