Senior Corporate Counsel
San Francisco, CA
Finance – Legal
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In five years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Opendoor operates at the intersection of the technology and residential real estate industries. Our talented legal team addresses novel, complex legal issues every day, and provides rapid, creative, and compliant solutions.
We're looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join Opendoor to support our growing company. You'll have a diverse range of responsibilities, primarily focused on general corporate work, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic ventures and corporate partnerships, but you will also help us with securities law compliance, corporate governance and stock administration matters. We are a small and nimble legal team supporting a growing company, so you’ll cover a lot of ground.
- Be the primary lawyer on strategy and execution of Opendoor’s corporate development projects, strategic ventures and partnerships, and other corporate transactions
- Handle day-to-day general corporate matters across the company and our subsidiaries as we support our fast-growth and expansion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, stock administration, accounting, people, corporate and business development, product, and engineering to manage corporate transactions and initiatives
- Provide advice, strategic support and education to business clients about corporate governance, securities, M&A and other corporate matters
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately
- J.D. plus at least 8 years of general corporate and M&A experience at a top-tier law firm; in-house and IPO experience is a plus
- Experience working with venture-backed high growth private companies is desired
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions
- Must enjoy working with a broad range of business team members in a fast-paced environment
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.