Product Designer (Operational Tools)
San Francisco, CA
Design – Design
Opendoor is looking for a Product Designer to help build the future of our operational tools. As a designer on the Operational Tools team, you’ll have clear, measurable impact on the business—ranging from improving the accuracy of our home inspections, to making each step of the inventory process more efficient. You'll also have the rare opportunity to have your coworkers as your customers. This means you'll be able to have direct contact with your customers every single day.
We appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and love getting their hands dirty with customer research. The ideal designer for this team has experience building productivity or enterprise tools.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Ideate: Partner with Product, Engineering, Research, and Operations to translate business problems into meaningful product and process changes.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research to conduct user interviews and determine common pain points, product improvements and priorities. Conduct light-weight research independently to inform design decisions.
- Create: Design information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and the ensure high-quality implementation, both in software and in real-life process.
- Mentor: As one of the foundational members of the design team, you'll be guiding and mentoring other members of your team.
What we ask for:
- Experience: 6+ years of experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio: Portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
- Leadership: Experience in leading other members of a Product Design team.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Design systems: Experience building design systems collaboratively from the ground up.
- Prototyping: Strong skills using rich, interactive prototyping tools like Framer.
- Coding: Understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React. Front-end development skills are a plus.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.