Senior Manager - Business Operations
United States /
Operations – Sales and Support /
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
In the past five years, Opendoor has expanded rapidly to 44 cities and buys and sells billions of dollars of homes per year. But, our vision is to empower everyone with “the freedom to move '', which necessitates making the Opendoor experience more affordable, consistent, and customer friendly in existing markets, while we also expand our coverage into new markets.
The Sales & Support team’s touchpoints with customers are critical: whether buying or selling, transacting on a home is one of life’s biggest milestones. At Opendoor, we deeply understand the importance of the transaction and partner with our customers to give them the support and guidance they need, including helping them navigate the various options we offer to buy, sell and finance a home.
The Sales Operations team, of which this position is a part, is responsible for the processes, Opendoor systems, tools, metrics, and playbooks that make our Sales & Support teams successful, as well as spearheading strategic projects across the organization.
Since everything we build at Opendoor ultimately touches our customers, the Sales Operations team has a broad, horizontal mandate, responsible for ensuring that new products roll out smoothly to our customers, that we consider the customer implications of everything we build, and that the Sales & Support teams are operating efficiently and impactfully.
- Manage strategic projects to improve our operations with a high degree of judgment and autonomy. You’ll truly own initiatives end-to-end from creating clarity around ambiguous problems, including difficult tradeoffs, to leading cross-functional teams to execute your recommendation and shepherding meaningful change across the organization .
- Drive organization’s thinking on operational strategy: You will continuously challenge the status quo of how we operate, and recognize that “what got us here, won’t get us there”. The output of this thinking will be helping to shape the company’s roadmap for foundational process and new business opportunity in 6-12 month increments
- Connect and advocate for teams across the company: You’ll be a key point of contact between leaders in our Market Operations (Regional General Managers), Customer Support, and EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) teams located in cities across the country. Your role will be highly collaborative: you’ll work across our functions to make sure the needs of each team are surfaced and heard at the executive level. You’ll frequently be the conduit between engineering and product teams, teams acquiring and re-selling homes, and teams leading home renovations in the field, and need to be at ease working with both.
- Provide decision making support and thought leadership to the Operations leadership team. You will use both qualitative and quantitative data to drive insights - the “what”, and most importantly the “so what” to help ensure that our organization is moving in the right direction and considering the right tradeoffs as we scale.
- Lead change across Operations Orgs: As a company, we’re moving fast, and recognize that we need to constantly iterate to make our operations as smooth and efficient as they can be. You will be at the forefront of change management that includes changes in our tech tools, changes in our processes, or changes in our organizational structure. We recognize that each of those changes can impact the day-to-day of many people in the division, and you’ll be responsible not only for rolling out these changes, but also ensure their adoption by the org
- Both a systems thinker and a “doer”: you’re a strategic thinker who can go deep on a business and understand its core drivers; you’re also biased to action and know that the true test of an idea comes when we try it out in the real world.
- Quantitative and data driven: you’re eager and able to drive insights to the business using data. You’re experienced in designing analyses to prove or disprove hypotheses, and you look to data not only for the “what” (“what’s happening in our business?”) but the “so what” (“why does this matter and what is it telling us about potential next steps?”). Equally important: you understand that “data” doesn’t always exist in a spreadsheet, and you’re excited to talk to customers and operators and get on the ground to understand how different sales & support processes work.
- A creative problem solver: You have a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems. You think top-down, bottoms-up and from multiple angles to make sure we’re being exhaustive in the way we evaluate our business
- .Highly collaborative: You’re excited about working across all of our regions and across all levels of the organization: with our leadership team, our functions, our managers, and Product, Engineering, and Design teams. You’re a strong communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams.
- Customer-first: You care about our customers, and you understand that we exist, first and foremost, to serve a customer need. Selling a home is stressful and emotional, affecting our customers’ largest asset. You’re mindful of that in everything that you and the team do.
- Hungry and energetic: You’re determined to hit ambitious goals and can rally a team and our organization behind them. You are not above or below any task. You want to build momentum for your initiatives and the team, and are excited about building a generational company that disrupts one of the world’s largest industries
- A leader: you can inspire confidence in cross-functional teams or the organization as a whole, and establish followership to drive your initiatives forward.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $117,000 - $171,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness