Software Engineer, New Grad (San Francisco)
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering – General
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
We’re seeking exceptional Software Engineers to join us as we define, prototype, and build web services and products for our customers and for our team. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and you'll lead the development of projects that define the future of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Design and implement user-facing products and internal workflow tools
- Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Deep understanding of front end technologies, HTTP, web services, databases and how they all fit together
- A sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant and testable code
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field, graduating between December 2018 and August 2019
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
Want to learn more about the work we are doing ? Check out our blog:
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.