Senior Product Designer (Operational Tools)
Design – Design
At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We make buying and selling home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, have raised over $600 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast, buying and selling more than $100 million of homes per month.
Opendoor is looking for a Senior Product Designer to help build the future of our operational tools. As a designer on the Operational Tools team and the first member of the Atlanta design team, you’ll have clear, measurable impact on the business—ranging from improving the accuracy of our home inspections, to making each step of the inventory process more efficient. You'll also have the rare opportunity to have your coworkers as your customers. This means you'll be able to have direct contact with your customers every single day.
We appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and love getting their hands dirty with customer research. The ideal designer for this team has experience building productivity or enterprise tools.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Ideate: Partner with Product, Engineering, Research, and Operations to translate business problems into meaningful product and process changes.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research to conduct user interviews and determine common pain points, product improvements and priorities. Conduct light-weight research independently to inform design decisions.
- Create: Design information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and the ensure high-quality implementation, both in software and in real-life process.
- Mentor: As the first member of the Atlanta design team, you'll be guiding and mentoring other members of your team.
What we ask for:
- Experience: 4+ years of experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio: Portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
- Leadership: Experience in leading other members of a Product Design team.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Design systems: Experience building design systems collaboratively from the ground up.
- Prototyping: Strong skills using rich, interactive prototyping tools like Framer.
- Coding: Understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React. Front-end development skills are a plus.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.