Los Angeles, CA
Design – Design
Opendoor is looking for a Design Manager who will lead, inspire, and grow a design team that is focused on building a product that revolutionizes home buying. As a hands-on leader with a bias towards action, you’ll help the team iterate faster and improve their craft. We appreciate design thinkers who care deeply about people, processes, pixels, and customer research. The ideal candidate has experience leading a team that has shipped and iterated on a polished consumer product that supports a long and complex user journey.
As a design manager, you will:
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, and Research to direct design and visualize the future of our end-to-end customer experience.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind leadership decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Mentor: Work closely with the design team to finalize, validate, and iterate on design solutions, and ensure high-quality implementation.
What we ask for:
- Experience: 3+ years of experience as a manager on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio: Portfolio with consumer projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in helping teams achieve outcomes with research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Real estate: Experience in real estate or adjacent field (e.g. mortgage)
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.