Remote - San Francisco Bay Area /
Data Science – Data Science /
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
As a data analyst at Opendoor, you will be part of our Business Analytics team to partner with Operations, Product, Engineering, and Design organizations and drive our business forward with data. You’ll set up measurement strategies to understand the health of our products and operations, identify opportunities and insights, and make data-driven recommendations to scale our business.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Become the go-to analytics owner in a team of product managers, operations managers, engineers, and designers for a domain area
- Develop metrics and dashboards to focus everyone from operators to senior leadership on critical business results and help them make data-driven decisions
- Ideate, opportunity size and execute strategic business initiatives and product features to improve the Opendoor experiences for our customers by partnering closely with internal stakeholders
- Improve analytics quality and efficiency in collaboration with data scientists and data engineers
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 3+ years of work experience or working in an analytical role
- Proficiency in SQL or any other database languages
- Comfort working with complex and fast-evolving data sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights and data visualizations
- System thinking and creativity to solve complex problems by going deep and understand its core drivers
Bonus points if you have experience in the below areas:
- Data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, and Looker
- Product analytics
- A/B testing
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.