Senior Product Counsel - Adjacent Services
San Francisco, CA
Finance – Legal
We’re looking for an experienced, versatile senior product counsel to support Opendoor’s adjacent services, which could include just about every service associated with a home purchase or sale (mortgage, inspection, brokerage services, home customization, insurance, warranties). Our adjacent services are intended to complement Opendoor’s core seller and buyer services and be a best in class option for our customers. In this role, you’ll partner with product and operational business teams at Opendoor to ensure adjacent products, marketing, and processes comply with law and - just as importantly - put our customers first. We look for nimble go-getters with the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders and calibrate compliant advice in a rapidly changing environment. Collegiality and a good sense of humor is key.
- JD and a minimum of eight (8) years of legal experience. In-house experience with a rapidly growing consumer-facing technology company is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience applying regulations and industry guidelines (e.g., TILA, RESPA, FDCPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, impending CCPA).
- Experience with or interest in real estate or mortgage industry is a plus. We’re passionate about Opendoor’s mission to transform and streamline the home buying and selling experience.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial transactions, including partnership, licensing, and vendor agreements is also helpful.
- Member of the California or Arizona Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.