Business Development Manager/Director
San Francisco, CA
Growth – Partnerships
As a business development manager/director with the Opendoor Direct Access (ODA) team you will directly interface with our institutional real estate buyers (REITs, private equity real estate funds, family offices, etc.). You’ll work with our existing buyers (maintaining/expanding the relationships + facilitating transactions) as well as identify, educate, and onboard new institutional buyers onto the platform. As a small, but rapidly growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a material role in the development of the team as we scale and get first hand exposure to top-tier institutional real estate buyers. In turn -- we’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats, and aren’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves to help us quickly scale. Title and position leveling is dependent on individual's experience.
As a Business Development Manager/Director, you will:
- Be the primary or secondary point of contact for key institutional buyers in assigned markets, responsible for maintaining and expanding our relationships
- Be the key account manager for a large volume of transactions; help facilitate the transactions on the Opendoor side + be the key point of contact for institutional buyers through the entire process
- Help our new buyers scale into new markets as we launch them, and transact with new product offerings if/when we launch them
- Educate and onboard new/prospective institutional buyers, through a mix of in-person meetings, phone conversations and email
- Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments.
- 2-8+ years professional experience; Business Development, Key Account Management, Investment Banking or Business Consulting experience a strong plus
- You have a demonstrated interest in real estate
- Willingness to travel (could be as much as 75% of the time)
- You have a high EQ and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, are very process driven, and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
- You’re OK with occasional weekend work
- Willing to study for and pass real estate licensing exams if required
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.