Mobile QA Engineer - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Engineering – Buyer Experience
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In five years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
We're looking for an exceptional QA engineer to join our QA team doing manual, functional QA on the Opendoor mobile app. You'll work closely with our world-class design and engineering teams to ensure high quality of all releases for our end users. You'll manually verify that new features work as expected, don't alter existing functionality unexpectedly, work across devices and on supported browsers, and find edge cases we haven't identified yet. Engineers today write their own automation, so although you won't have to write automation, you'll contribute to developing a scalable testing process by working with automated test output and suggesting areas where automation could improve efficiency / decrease manual effort.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Experience testing on-device is required. Day-to-day, you will be working primarily with test builds of the Opendoor mobile app on iOS and Android devices.
- Experience testing for web products, desktop, mobile and new features
- This is a hands-on position and there will be opportunity for career growth as we expand the team.
- Excellent communication skills - must be able to document issues precisely and write clear steps to reproduce.
- Excellent attention to visual detail - many of the bugs we're looking for are subtle visual imperfections that affect user experience
- Knowledge of manual testing - Black box and Regression
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
- Domain knowledge and/or interest in real estate
- Understanding writing automated tests in React Native
- Understanding of Frameworks like Appium and Robot is a plus
- Experience interpreting output of automated tests and working with CI/CD is a plus
Want to learn more about the work we are doing ? Check out our blog:
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.