Salt Lake City, UT
Operations – Home Operations
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Estimator to join the team! As the Estimator, you’ll collaborate with the acquisitions and renovations teams on every potential home purchase. You’ll work with our customers, our vendors, and various Opendoor teams, including those in our San Francisco office. The Estimator will support the market Home Operations Team in establishing a culture that is conducive to Opendoor’s core principles and a superior customer experience.
As the Estimator You Will:
- Conduct in-home assessments and interface with specialist vendors to facilitate the due diligence process prior to purchase.
- Create initial repair and renovation scopes adhering to quality and pricing standards to aid market Valuations Team in determining repairs ask on potential purchases.
- Collaborate with market Valuations Team to identify and scope ROI positive renovation enhancements.
- Support the Closing Team to determine the scope, price & validity of all repair asks during resale.
- Support the market Home Operations team in all aspects of repair and renovation by collaborating with other market stakeholders to align goals and meet company objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years residential construction/renovation management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong technical and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in estimating residential construction and renovations projects
- Experience in managing residential construction and renovations projects
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals
- Attention to detail and deadlines
What We Can Offer You:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
- Open vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.