Data Governance Program Lead
Remote - New York /
Analytics – Data Strategy /
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Data Sourcing & Strategy has been created as a new team within Opendoor as we place increasing emphasis on generating significant ROI from novel data, enriching our data assets, and exporting data excellence throughout Opendoor while ensuring effective data governance.
As Data Governance Lead, you will be responsible for working in partnership with key stakeholders from Data Engineering, Security, Legal & Compliance, Research & Development, and Business to develop and execute our Data Governance strategy. This role will work in collaboration with and report directly to the Director of Data Sourcing & Strategy.
- Standing up Opendoor’s Data Governance program.
- Educate technical and non-technical stakeholders on both the importance and the implementation of an effective data governance program.
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional stakeholders from Data Engineering, Security, Legal & Compliance, Research & Development, and Business with a focus on achieving buy-in and alignment on our strategic data governance objectives and priorities.
- In partnership with these key stakeholders, develop our Data Governance operational strategy and corresponding frameworks, aligning existing processes, standards, and priorities.
- Develop and implement short and long-term roadmaps for maturing the organization's data governance position.
- Choose and efficiently onboard 3rd party Data Governance software service partners which support and improve upon our existing data cataloging, data lineage, data access, data privacy, and data quality capabilities.
- Create, implement, and in partnership with key stakeholders, monitor controls to ensure adherence to contractual permissible use, security, storage, processing, and access requirements.
- Work in partnership with legal & compliance stakeholders to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements including but limited to CCPA, CPA, and CDPA.
- Coordinate actionable monitoring programs for our data assets, creating visibility to opportunities for continuous data quality improvement as we build and scale in partnership with engineering, acquisition, and annotation stakeholders.
- 8+ years of relevant data governance experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong understanding of the data lifecycle and how data policy/standards contribute to the overall value of data within the enterprise.
- Experience in facilitating and gaining consensus amongst cross-functional technical and non-technical audiences at all levels to obtain a shared understanding of data assets in an organization.
- Experience with developing organization-wide data governance strategies and roadmaps, translating them into an operational plan for execution, and delivering and tracking their value.
- Experience developing and working with data catalogs and creating documentation for consumption by business and technical audiences.
- Experience in ensuring data use aligns with permissible use as started in data contracts.
- Understanding of U.S. data privacy compliance practices.
- Hands-on experience in data definitions development and delivering data quality improvements.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness