San Francisco, CA
Design – Design
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
As a Product Writer, you are an advocate for design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
Whether someone is buying or selling a home, the process is stressful and convoluted. It’s filled with many steps that use confusing jargon like contingencies, escrow, amortization, bridge loans etc. As a Product Writer at Opendoor, you’ll have an opportunity to bring order, simplicity, and a human touch into an industry that has hardly changed in a century.
- Set the strategy for content frameworks and the thought process behind what types of copy are used in our product.
- Write copy for a wide range of products designed with buyers, sellers, and agents in mind.
- Collaborate directly with Product Managers and Product Designers to build experiences that make selling or buying a home simple, transparent, and seamless.
- Participate in extensive research and interviews with customers to understand how we can best serve them.
- Evangelize UX writing as a discipline to people across the company and be a constant advocate for the end user.
- Implement processes that sets the stage for future writers to be happy and successful at Opendoor.
- Envision and propose new products and solutions that reimagine real estate easier with customers in mind.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a thoughtful approach to solving problems for customers
- 7+ years of experience in a product writing or copywriting role
- Experience collaborating with product designers and product managers
- A growth mindset and an interest in helping us build processes that elevate the Opendoor brand and make it a great place for writers
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once, prioritize deadlines, and move projects forward
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.