Senior Data Scientist - Consumer
Los Angeles, CA /
Engineering – Data Science /
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role
As a senior data scientist, you will partner with Product, Design, Engineering, and Operations to optimize our offerings and products to customers coming to Opendoor homes, mobile apps, and websites. You will help both first-time home buyers and existing homeowners looking to move to understand the benefits of working with Opendoor. You will also create machine learning models, data strategies, and experimentation frameworks that help us iterate on our online product experiences and offline operator and agent workflows. By delighting our users, you can drive massive growth in our business and the lifetime value of our customers in a massive industry.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Define metrics and design experiments to understand impacts of new product lines and initiatives
- Develop statistical models and algorithms to personalize customer experience and make recommendations
- Conduct in-depth analysis to identify opportunities to improve product and communication experiences for our home buyers and sellers
- Partner with cross-functional teams to shape strategic directions for company growth areas with analytical insights
- Create scalable data models and self-service tools to improve analytics efficiency
- Become a domain expert in residential real estate and consumer behavior
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of industry experience with advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Expert in product analytics, experimental design, customer segmentation, and ML modeling for customizing consumer experiences
- Comfortable working with complex and fast evolving data sets
- Proficiency in SQL and numerical programming in Python or R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence non-technical audiences with analytical insights
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience in growth analytics and customer lifetime value
- You are familiar with with recommendation systems
- You love creating awareness of products that delight customers
- You are committed to iteratively driving results and becoming better every dayYou are excited to join a radically transparent team and celebrate our successes together
- You are propelled forward by working on hard data science problems
- You are interested in how to make the best decisions under uncertainty
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.