Software Engineer (Apprentice)
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering – Consumer
We’re seeking new product-focused engineers to join our team. You’ll work closely with design, product managers, and research to define what we should build, create quick prototypes for testing with users, and build high quality web apps which empower our customers to own their moving process. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, owning their projects from start to finish, reaching tens of thousands of customers every month and growing quickly with the company.
As part of the apprentice program as a full-time employee, we’ll pair you with a mentor and starting project to turbocharge your growth as a new engineer. This program is focused on individuals coming from non-traditional engineering backgrounds and just starting their careers. People from all backgrounds should apply including those who come from traditionally underrepresented communities in computer science who are highly encouraged to apply.
Your responsibilities include
- Make user-facing products that will be useful to our customers
- Build web apps, mobile apps, and APIs from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Design and implement user-facing products
- Apply understanding of various technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- Be excited to learn about real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have
- Some training or education in software engineering such as software engineering bootcamps
- If you lean front-end, knowledge of ES6, React, Redux, TypeScript, and CSS
- If you lean back-end, experience with a backend language such as Ruby, Python, Node.js, Go, or Elixir
- Care about building an app right – with attention to pixels, accessibility, and clean, well-tested code
- A preference for test-driven with a bias towards action
- A desire to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX
- Optimism about future technology and automation
- Excitement for learning!
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.