Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by building a seamless, simple, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. In three years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth in cities where we operate, bought and sold over 6000 homes(with a total transaction value exceeding $1.5 billion), and raised over $320 million in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation in multiple areas as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide. If working in a fast-paced, rapid growth startup environment where you’ll build solutions that will define the future of the real estate industry excites you, we would like to talk to you about a role on the Opendoor technology team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop platforms, services and tools to solve a variety of challenges related to price optimization, inventory management, forecasting, workflow automation, customer facing mobile application development, security and access control. You will collaborate with research, business, design, operations and finance teams to understand requirements, build prototypes, invent new features and deliver highly scalable services and products for external and internal customers. We are looking for engineers with demonstrated ability to deliver results, a passion to learn, and expertise in service oriented architectures, distributed systems, machine learning, algorithms, databases and front-end technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Contributing to all phases of software development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
- Building products, tools and services from scratch, as well as evolve existing systems
- Applying your technical expertise to guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic design decisions
- Influencing the technology and architectural roadmap of the engineering teams
- Playing an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- A Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Sc. or related field
- 5+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent coding skills, strong debugging skills and knowledge of computer architectures, operating systems and algorithms
- Depth and breadth in multiple technologies ranging from frontend user interfaces to backend services to databases
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and proven ability to use metrics to drive decisions
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to complex problems
Want to learn more about the work we are doing ? Check out our blog:
Opendoor values openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds, being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Visit our website (https://www.opendoor.com/about) to learn more about our team.
This position is for employment at will and not for any definite time period.