Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We make buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, have raised over $300 million from top-notch investors and are growing fast, buying and selling more than $100 million of homes per month.
We’re seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join us as we define, prototype, and build web services and products for our customers and for our team. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and you'll lead the development of projects that define the future of the company.
As a Software Engineer you will:
- Build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Design and implement user-facing products and internal workflow tools
- Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who bring:
- Deep understanding of front end technologies, HTTP, web services, databases and how they all fit together
- A sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant and testable code
- Experience working with GIS Data
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
Who you’ll work with:
Nolan Evans - Nolan was our first engineering hire and now leads our engineering team. Before that Nolan was lead engineer on redacted on the Siri team at Apple and a Senior Engineer at Square.
Daniel LaGrotta - Dan previously led the data engineering team at Addepar. He is also Opendoor’s reigning chess champion.
… and the rest of our team!
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds, being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
This position is for employment at will and not for any definite time period.