Marketing Manager, Paid Search
San Francisco, CA
Growth – Marketing
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In four years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised over $1 billion in equity funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Opendoor is looking for an Marketing Manager who is excited to work in an high impact, strategic, and challenging role at a dynamic company. The ideal candidate is strategic, solution-oriented, resourceful, and creative in driving growth.
Your key objective will be to acquire new customers and grow the business. This includes digital launch plans, digital channel strategy, and extensive cross functional collaboration. Opendoor operates in 18 markets today and plans to expand to 30 markets by end of 2019.
- As a marketing manager, you will be responsible for building, optimizing, analyzing and growing paid search channels.
- Interact with cross functional partners to align on shared goals and collaborate effectively to achieve those goals.
- Collaborate with Brand and Product Marketing teams on the strategy to make your channels successful.
- Expected to present strategy, plans, and updates to the online marketing team and broader marketing teams.
- Optimize and grow branded and non-branded paid search channels across all markets and search partners.
- Responsible for paid search campaign management, demonstrating quarterly and yearly goals.
- Develop customized reports and insights that accurately measure paid search impact.
- Person in this role is expected to deploy $10M+ budget in 2019 to drive growth
- 5+ years of work experience in performance marketing, web and mobile app.
- Hands on experience building, launching, optimizing and managing web search and app campaigns.
- Experience evaluating and integrating with ad tech platforms
- Experience building, managing and measuring experiments across a range of channel disciplines (ad copy, bidding, landing pages, incrementality)
- Analytical Expertise. Ability to ingest, parse, segment and analyze large, complex data sets. Ability to dashboard, report and summarize these data sets to provide strategic insights and recommendations to drive efficient growth.
- Campaign Management Expertise. Proven ability in managing and optimizing search campaigns across a complex business.
- Expertise in Search Platforms - Google AdWords, Bing, Oath and Kenshoo.
- Expertise in Tracking and Tagging technologies platforms - eg Google Tag Manager, Branch, Tune etc.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, or similar analytics tools.
- A Self Starter - Ability to recognize opportunities, solve problems with an act from ownership approach.
- Proactive - identify opportunities where the team/business can improve whether it be operationally, functionally, process or performance.
- Written and verbal communication skills, creativity, problem solving, teamwork, and organization.
- Skilled in working cross functionally with brand, strategy, finance, data science and engineering.
- Experience in adapting to a fast and evolving business.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. You are skilled in working closely across internal teams and vendors, and effectively manage initiatives across teams to grow the business.
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
- Experience in A/B split and multivariable testing - experiment design, set up, methodology definition, QA, launch, management and reporting on results.
- Consumer marketing experience.
- Previous startup experience.
- Hand on experience with an automated bidding platforms.
- Sql experience.
- Platform scripts/API experience.
- Web and Mobile Marketing experience.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.