Senior Structured Finance Attorney
San Francisco, CA
Finance – Legal
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we are on a bold mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying, selling and trading-in a home stress-free and instant. In five years since we started, we have hired an exceptional team, seen strong growth, bought and sold over 20,000 homes (with an annual purchase run rate exceeding $3.8 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Opendoor operates at the intersection of the technology and residential real estate industries. Our talented legal team addresses novel, complex legal issues every day, and provides rapid, creative, and compliant solutions.
We're looking for an experienced finance attorney to join Opendoor to support our Capital Markets transactions. You'll play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of debt facilities (warehouses, securitization, and other structured financing transactions), as well as advising on a host of legal issues across Opendoor's products. You will work closely with our Legal team and our Finance team on all legal matters relevant for our commercial transactions, including bespoke structured finance deals.
- Draft, negotiate, review and interpret agreements covering Opendoor's debt facilities (warehouses, securitization, and other structured financing transactions)
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Assist in creating and improving agreements and templates for Opendoor as the company develops new products and enters new markets
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms
- J.D. plus at least 6 years of asset finance legal experience, 8+ years of experience a plus
- Understanding of capital markets transactions (asset warehouses, securitizations, and other structured financing transactions), with residential real estate sector experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions
- Must enjoy working with finance and business operations team members in a fast-paced environment
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.