Professional Services /
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Chicago, IL office.
The focus of this role will be to lead customer scoping sessions in support of OpenGov’s professional services organization from a deal strategy, operational efficiency, and decision-making standpoint. The Solution Consultant (SC) will work across organizations as a trusted advisor to ensure that the professional services deals are sound, and are negotiated to yield the most mutually beneficial agreements for prospects, steer prospects to optimal adoption paths, and minimize delivery risks through strong SOW language development.
• Lead scoping discussions with prospects and customers, identifying requirements for the delivery of all OpenGov solutions, explaining the value of Professional Services and delivery approach, and steering customers to optimal implementation paths.
• Mitigate Risks and Manage Expectations for service projects, optimizing for maximum ROI and minimal risk.
• The SC will lead the process of scoping, writing, refining, and SOW creation for professional services engagements with Customers, Sales Partners, Professional Services, and other internal teams as needed, i.e. R&D, Training.
• SCs will support the RFP process as it pertains to implementation scope and will provide estimates and/or content.
• Continually manage the scoping program and scope accuracy, leveraging project actuals to continually optimize the scoping process and achieve a profitable, optimal mix of services and software revenue.
• SCs will take on internal special projects in areas focused on scaling and operationalizing the practice including communicating strategy, evaluating profitability metrics, and collaborating with delivery teams on existing and new solutions.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product and respond strategically to customer needs, new product solutions, and applying new product developments to professional services scoping.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 5+ years or more of direct or applicable experience.
• 4-year degree or equivalent experience Experience building and running a Professional Services scoping program preferred.
• Experience with government ERP/accounting systems, budgeting concepts and practices, and/or finance/budgeting solutions preferred.
• A core understanding of professional services scoping, contracting principles, and negotiation familiarity; prior contracts and/or contract management experience is a definite plus.
• Primary focus on customer requirement gathering, scoping, statements of work, professional services agreements, and similar documents.
• Comfortable in prospect and customer conversations to lead scoping sessions and identify customer requirements.
• Ability to interpret, clearly articulate, and handle issues/objections related to OpenGov professional services statement of works projects.
• Ability to proactively analyze and recommend the best course of action for complex services project structure with a solution-oriented approach.
• Expert knowledge of Salesforce is highly desirable along with contract management systems.
• Experience working on a deal desk team or similar role, having provided direct collaboration for customer-facing field sales teams in the SAAS environment.
• Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy, expediency, and consistency.
• Liaison experience working across internal organizations including finance, revenue recognition, senior management, product, R&D, sales, sales engineering, and legal teams.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.