Sr Software Engineer - ReactJS & NodeJS (Argentina)
Buenos Aires /
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
A typical day in this role would provide opportunities to optimize applications for speed and scalability and resolve a variety of unique technical challenges. Strong collaboration skills with the product, UX, and platform engineers, along with the ability to execute quickly will enable your success.
Passion for good component design and solid application architecture comes naturally to you, as does navigating the troubled seas of browser compatibility. We value natural self-starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, and fun. You value clean code, principles over dogma, and making the world a little better every day.
What you'll make happen
• Write robust, highly performant, well-crafted code
• See a project through from start to completion, including discovery, rapid prototyping, implementation, testing, and deployment
• Design and develop well-structured and easy-to-consume APIs
• Implement unit and integration tests to improve and maintain high code coverage
• Deliver quality, scalable, and maintainable software to customers at an impressive pace
• Contribute to OpenGov’s Engineering culture of innovation, leading-edge technology adoption, and quality
You get excited by
• Discovering unique solutions to complex challenges
• Modern web technology, tools, and processes
• Cloud-based software deployment and delivery
• Constant learning and adaptation of the latest technologies
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring colleagues
• Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
• Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
• Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
• Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward a greater good
• Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers’ needs and keep customers as a top focus
• Autonomous: you naturally self-manager and own your tasks from start to finish
• Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Required Education and Experience
• BA/BS in a computer-science-related discipline, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional experience with ReactJS, TypeScript, NodeJS
• 3+ years of professional experience with a modern cloud platform (AWS/Azure)
• Demonstrated experience designing, building, and delivering software solutions
• Proven ability to collaborate with product management, stakeholders, designers, and engineers
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience with GraphQL APIs
• Experience with GitHub Actions
• Experience with Grafana
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.