Account Executive (SaaS/ERP)
United States (Remote) /
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
Check out the latest article about us: OpenGov continues record growth with expanded cloud offering, growing customer base, and accelerated hiring
About the Account Executive role:
As a member of the Sales team, you will be responsible for driving new, incremental sales revenue through new customer acquisition. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong and natural sales talents, and is committed to creating new business opportunities.
• Complete OpenGov’s in depth on-boarding and sales training to become an expert in OpenGov’s messaging, products and services and unique sales approach
• Manage the complete and complex sales-cycles often presenting to C-level executives the value of OpenGov’s full suite of applications
• Develop your own territory plan and a pipeline that will fuel the ongoing growth of your business enabling you to exceed your quarterly and annual sales quotaIdentify and qualify new opportunities leveraging your own creativity, inbound lead flow, personal prospecting efforts, contacts, existing accounts and partners
• Evangelize the OpenGov vision and complete value proposition through customer meetings, product demonstrations, in-market events and account specific initiatives
• Work cross functionally with our sales development, marketing, product and customer service teams to deliver outstanding results
• Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required to close the sale
• Accurately forecast profitable and predictable territory performance and required resources through adherence of our sales process
• Advocate your customers’ implementations and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring timely resolution any customer service related issues
• 5+ years of solution sales experience managing complex sales-cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management in Texas/TOLA region preferred.
• Strong preference for Accounting/Financial/ERP software, CRM, business intelligence, reporting, permitting/licensing sales experience
• Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
• Track record of consistent over-achievement of quotas, revenue goals and the ability to effectively identify and sell to C-level executives
• Passion for building long lasting customer relationships and working cross-functionally within a diverse team to deliver outstanding results
• Technologically adept and business acumen focused with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills including G-Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Salesforce is a plus
• Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
• Convince and command on the phone/web-conference, and to quickly establish credibility and rapport.
• Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
• Bachelor's degree (sales training methodologies is a plus, Graduate Degree is a plus)
• Ability to travel when required (~40%)
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 90% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!