OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
About the Data Engineer Role:
We are dedicated engineers building a better platform for local government. We believe in creating tools that are powerfully customizable but seamless to use. As a member of our engineering team you will use various technologies to develop applications and systems to put that data to work.
As a Data Engineer, we'll trust you to develop strategies and solutions to manipulate data using SQL and NoSQL-based solutions. You'll quickly and accurately translate concepts and specifications into workable data solutions, build reliable and effective pipelines, ensure a consistent and coherent approach to database development, and perform general data platform engineering, maintenance, and bug fixing.
• Participate in design and development of SQL and NoSQL-based solutions
• Design and maintain data pipelines
• Perform data migration, integration, and other ETL processes
• Work as a team to develop data products where all components communicate effectively
• Optimize performance across the data architecture
• Develop reporting architectures
• Develop best practices across the engineering team
• Participate in retrospective reviews
• Develop work estimates for client projects
• Bring new perspectives to problems
• Background in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or related discipline
• 2+ years of proven professional data development experience
• Understanding of ETL concepts and tools
• Understanding of database design concepts
• Proficient with relational data modeling
• Years developing with SQL (MS SQL preferred)
• Experience with shell scripting
• Experience with NoSQL systems
• Exposure to data warehousing concepts
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective. Click here to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Double growth with 2,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!