Manager, Solution Engineering
Dallas, Texas /
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Manager, Solution Engineering (Central Region)
The Manager, Solutions Engineering will be responsible for managing, leading, and developing a team of Solution Engineers and Solution Specialists as the teams play a significant role in achieving sales targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for a specific territory.
Manager, Solution Engineering Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead a team of diverse, high performing Solution Engineers to support OpenGov’s growth
• Act as Player / Coach handling a book of business but also supervising Solution Engineers for career development
• Deliver against sales goals and establish strong relationships with customers and partners
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, Professional Services, R&D, Marketing, and HR as key partners in achieving team goals
• Drive the evolution of our solution engineering organization to effectively support and scale the suite of solutions across the market
• Develop methods and processes to build and maintain demo environments to improve our selling motion, incorporating new product features and enhancements
• Ensure that all Solutions Engineers are certified in MEDDIC with high level of proficiency in discovery, demo and incorporating the OpenGov way during customer engagementsInform cross-functional teams on product gaps and market trends
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 2-4 years experience required in pre-and post-sales solution roles such as sales engineering, professional services, product engineering, or solution consulting
• Previous management experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work with others and gain consensus on solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrated sales leadership ability in motivating teams, overachieving targets, and successfully winning large-complex deals
• Strong technical acumen of cloud and saas technologies and applications to real-world use cases preferred
• Ability to lead discussions and presentations with senior executives required
• Ability to work creatively with customers to understand their technical and business requirements and present solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines required
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.