Sr. Director of HR (India)
People & Talent /
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven, fast-growth, venture backed SaaS company (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner, Top 25 Highest Rated Cloud Companies to Work For, and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
The Director of HR (India) will develop strong partnerships with the business and determine HR priorities consistent with business objectives for OpenGov India. This role is a highly visible role in providing the vision, direction, strategy, tactics, and operational excellence to support our employees at OpenGov. You will counsel all levels from entry level to senior leaders on all HR matters, help them analyze problems and create solutions in a complex, changing environment. Your HR leadership will impact employee engagement, employee culture, performance, and critical talent planning to help grow the business and maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
*This is an onsite role based in Pune*
• Be a business partner to assigned organization: Help them achieve/exceed business results, strengthen team performance, culture, and retention while mitigating legal exposure
• Implement and support HR programs, processes and initiatives, such as performance management, compensation, employee and leadership development, succession planning, diversity.
• Responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall India site plan and strategic direction of the organization specifically in the areas of talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s mission and strategic vision in the India location
• Provide day-to-day consulting to leadership in a variety of areas of HR including employee relations, policy interpretation and application, communications, employee engagement, resource management, talent management and development, and organizational design
• Own and drive all Learning & Development Programs
• Implement tools and processes to support your business units: training, career ladders, competencies, development plans, PIPs, onboarding, etc.
• Develop events, training, materials etc to support a successful remote culture
• Develop HR plans and strategies in connection with the enterprise to support the achievement of the overall site business operations and objectives
• Create programs to build the OpenGov brand in India to attract and retain great talent. Be the OpenGov advocate.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the strategic plan. Consult on market trends and available talent pool.
• Be an advocate and help champion OpenGov’s culture and values. Build the culture of "Work hard, play harder" that will energize the company.
• Functions as a strategic business advisor to CHRO and SVP of Engineering/Managing Director and their teams regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Partner with HR Analyst on Onboarding and Offboarding processes; conduct exit interviews
• Manage compliance reporting and administration as well as training (Workplace Harassment, Security Training)
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 12+ years of experience within Human Resources with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership required.
• Experience scaling a Development Center in India is required
• HRIS system savvy / administration / operations experience preferred
• Proficiency in Mac and Google applications, such as Sheets, Slides, and Docs preferred
• Strong written and oral communication / ability to push back and say “no” effectively to employees and leaders at every level
• Experience with HR operational practices, including benefits, employee relations, data management, leave management, on/off-boarding, and employment law (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.)
• Experience working with RPOs and recruitment agencies is a plus.
• Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to deliver results with a wide degree of judgment, creativity, and latitude expected
• Excellent priority setting and project/time management skills with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to shifting business needs
• High professional standards and a strong customer experience mentality with an energetic, positive attitude can quickly build partnerships, relationships, and trust
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.