Remote - Central or Eastern time zones /
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based financial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more.
Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred
Note to candidates: You will be hired as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase
Location: Anywhere in the US
OpenInvest is seeking a meticulous, process-oriented Lead Writer reporting to the Director of Content. In this role, you’ll model best editorial practices as you help drive forward thought leadership and high-touch written content across a variety of verticals. The ideal candidate is deeply collaborative and methodical, adept at distilling complex ideas with grace and ingenuity, and excited to work across a multi-faceted organization to bring differentiated ideas to life.
What you’ll do
- Act as the go-to writing partner for thought leaders at OpenInvest, crafting crystal clear, compelling, conversational editorials and narratives for and with leaders and subject-matter experts across the company
- Work closely with SMEs and executives to develop their individual voices as you produce and maintain personalized style guides and content profiles
- Help refine, streamline, and document our thought leadership production process to ensure consistency, buy-in, accountability, and quality output
- Efficiently and independently manage moving parts and balance editorial priorities
- Build out a crisp calendar of high-value content that aligns with our other content streams, comms calendar, and overall Marketing and Communications strategy
- Write and/or edit other content for OpenInvest across a variety of verticals
- Ensure your work meets or levels up the quality bar and anticipates compliance and regulatory requirements
- Participate in conversations around broader content strategy and comms, backed by a solid understanding of business goals, editorial and domain expertise, and thorough research
Who You Are
- You’re a versatile writer/editor with a robust portfolio of interesting and impeccable work
- You have experience working with executives, leadership, and/or other subject-matter experts as a ghostwriter, communications partner, or similar: you know how to build trust and credibility
- You keep your finger on the pulse of ESG, sustainable investing, and/or other values-driven technologies or innovation
- You’re comfortable telling stories with data—and excited about the opportunities it presents
- You work with humility, empathy, reason, and care, and value teams that do the same
- At least 7 years of relevant professional writing/editing experience
- Experience working with topics in fintech, wealth management, and/or financial services—or deep interest in those topics and experience in another highly regulated industry
Please submit your application, a cover letter (no more than one page), and a link to your portfolio (a webpage or clips are also acceptable).
OpenInvest’s core values are:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards in how we treat each other, our communities, and our clients. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term, company-wide goals. OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or upon joining the company.
· We also encourage you to apply for this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.