Senior Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA /
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based financial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more.
Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
We are looking for an experienced technical recruiter to partner with our engineering leadership to build and support a thoughtful, innovative technical team focusing on exciting, mission-driven challenges. In addition to playing a key part in helping us win the “war for talent”, you will build and maintain a pool of robust technical talent to support serious post-acquisition scale. You will hire specifically for OpenInvest, not J.P. Morgan.
This role reports to the CTO.
Location: Anywhere in the US. OpenInvest is based in San Francisco.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
Note to candidates: You will onboard as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase.
What You'll Do
- Help inform and drive recruiting strategies and philosophies that make us a leader in technical talent acquisition
- Partner with the CTO and engineering leadership to develop roles and flesh out the Engineering and Product organizations
- Fully understand OpenInvest’s business needs and major projects and foresee long-term technical needs
- Source and own OpenInvest’s technical talent pipeline across Engineering and Product, including cultivating unique and talented opportunistic talent over time
- Help develop and implement strategic hiring initiatives and optimizations
- Process and assist in interviewing applicants to technical roles
- Understand, prioritize and champion DEI in hiring efforts
- Assist in improving and increasing efficiency in OpenInvest’s hiring function
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience recruiting and sourcing engineering talent
- 2+ years of experience interviewing candidates solo; high-comfort communicator with excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of modern technical concepts in use in the financial services industry; ability to screen candidates for the right subsets of skills
- Understanding of how Engineering and Product organizations interact in a small, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable pushing back on senior employees and challenging existing systems
- Experience at a rapidly scaling startup
- Financial literacy, especially in the investment space
- Comfortable asking questions and doing researching when encountering new territories
- Candid and open with feedback in all directions
Nice to Haves
- Experience at a financial firm (traditional or FinTech) or on an agency team specializing in the financial industry
- Experience sourcing product and product design talent
- Familiarity with Lever
- Comfortable collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data about your work
- Experience operating as a subsidiary of and navigating a parent company
OpenInvest’s core values include:
- Pursuing a challenging mission
- Thriving on transparency
- Maintaining high standards of integrity
- Guaranteeing the right to be heard
- Prioritizing personal growth
- Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to include these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.
· We also encourage you to apply to this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.