Senior Portfolio Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
OpenInvest is a fast-growing early stage fintech company backed by major VCs. Our mission is to overhaul financial systems and align capital with social and environmental values. As one of the first companies to combine algorithmic investing with sustainable and responsible investment, we stand apart for the transparency, usability and customizability of the portfolios created on our platform.
Through our values and technology, we plan to create the next great disruption in finance. We are a Public Benefit Corporation and are supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
We are looking for a senior portfolio analyst that can oversee existing and prospective client portfolios managed by OpenInvest. This will include trade proposal review, research, tax transition plans and analysis, portfolio analysis, risk assessments, and general support of the operations and trading team. You’ll work cross-functionally with virtually all of OpenInvest’s teams and ultimately be responsible for ensuring that customized OpenInvest portfolios are faithful to the values and goals of our clients.
OpenInvest provides a unique solution for both its retail and institutional clients, creating customized portfolios built out of individual equities. This allows our clients to build the causes they care about into their long-term investments. The major challenge you’ll face is the highly customized nature of each client portfolio.
Salary: $130-150k, .1-.12% equity
Location: OpenInvest is currently operating fully remotely for public health reasons but based in downtown San Francisco.
- 3+ years as a portfolio analyst or specialist in managing client portfolios
- Understanding of tax impacts of portfolio decisions
- Understanding of passive investing, ESG integration, tracking error, and covariance analysis
- Familiarity across asset classes with a focus on equities
- Proficient with Eikon or similar platforms
- Advanced Excel
- Client portfolio oversight and implementation management
- Understanding mandates from new and existing clients and translating them to our systems
- Participating in client calls to answer questions about portfolio construction, asset allocation, tax loss harvesting and transition plans, and ESG considerations on portfolio outcomes
- Risk analysis
- Work with the product team to help drive the evolution and direction ofOpenInvest’s portfolio construction algorithms and platform.
- Oversight/Review of quarterly client performance reporting
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to produce tax transition and other custom analyses for clients
- CFA preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional and positive “get it done” attitude, a candidate who thrives on supporting teammates
- Clear and practiced communication skills, ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner on client calls while explaining complex concepts
- A willingness to hit the ground running and ramp up quickly at a high-growth startup
Nice to Haves
- Background in socially responsible finance
- Experience integrating ESG considerations into portfolio construction
- Technical skills, especially SQL, Tableau, data analysis
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to include these elements in every aspect of our company.
NB: Before advancing to a phone screen, we will be asking candidates to complete a pair of psychometric tests, which together take about an hour to finish.