RIA Account Executive
San Francisco, CA
Headquartered in San Francisco, OpenInvest is a financial technology startup dedicated to mainstreaming values-based investing through technology. The company was founded by two of the architects of Bridgewater Associates’ portfolio management and trading systems and a sustainable finance expert from the World Wildlife Fund. As a Public Benefit Corporation, OpenInvest is legally committed to both social good and profit. We are backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, including Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, and QED, the founders of CapitalOne. OpenInvest now has a team of financial, technology, and environmental, social and governance (ESG) experts across three continents and is recognized as a global thought leader in ESG implementation.
OpenInvest is growing across channels, and is experiencing significant demand from investment advisors. This role is focused on distribution to independent Registered Investment Advisers (RIAs) serving primarily individual clients.
The investment landscape is changing. Demand for ethical finance options is causing a fundamental shift in money management towards new technologies and greater impact. Keen financial advisors will be the beneficiaries, delivering customization at scale while engaging clients on their most deeply held beliefs.
OpenInvest replaces the passive core of RIA-managed portfolios with our customizable-per-client index tracking solution, which helps advisors differentiate to acquire and retain clients. Alongside several pilot partners, we are building a completely digitized SMA portfolio management system and a portal for financial advisors to manage values-customized client accounts. We also deliver features such as in-depth impact reporting, dynamic divest-invest options, easy shareholder engagement, and tax-loss harvesting. You will be supported by team members across the company, including customer support, content marketing, PR, and our referral relationships.
What You'll Do
- Manage your sales pipeline to identify and qualify prospects, sell them the value of OpenInvest, demonstrate the solution, close and onboard, in close partnership with our support team.
- Grow and improve the quality of our contact list on an ongoing basis to create an effective lead generation pipeline.
- Collaborate with Marketing team to help build outbound lead gen programs. Participate in thought leadership and contribute to content marketing.
- Collaborate with Product team to provide high quality customer feedback for product/feature development.
- Track and manage your business using Salesforce to identify opportunities to improve your efficiency and effectiveness and track progress towards company-wide goals.
- Serve as account/relationship manager for our clients to make sure they are leveraging OpenInvest’s solution.
- Help structure and manage OpenInvest’s various referral relationships for lead generation.
- Overall, help lead and build the RIA channel for OpenInvest and contribute to the thinking, direction, and success of the company as a whole.
Who You Are
- A top performer with 4+ years of proven success selling an investment product and exceeding an annual quota of $200M in AUM.
- Experience selling to RIAs/financial advisors a must.
- Series 65 required.
- A drive to win with a validated process for identifying decision makers and selling into multiple layers of an organization.
- A team player who has a strong sense of personal ownership and a desire to learn and grow, and help others learn and grow.
- A problem solver with excellent communication skills and experience selling in an early stage environment.
- A positive "get it done" attitude with a bias towards action.Willingness to wear multiple hats and proactively improve the company and achieve our goals.
Why You'll Love Us
OpenInvest is a unique company with a unique culture. We are venture-backed social enterprise whose staff come in every day not only to do work we feel aligns with our values, but because we truly believe we have what it takes to transform finance and change the world.
To achieve our higher goals, we’re building a financial and social culture that demands positive change -- and the right technologies to make that change. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture, and we are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company. As such, our core principles are integrity and transparency, which reflect both our products and the future of finance we are constructing. All employees are expected to continually give and receive earnest and constructive feedback, as we are all looking to improve individually and as a team. As part of our team, you are willing to be proactive, work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and collaborate with a smart, motivated, and diverse team to achieve long-term company goals.