New Grad Program Lead
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based financial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more.
Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred
Note to candidates: You will be hired as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase
Location: Anywhere in the US
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable individual to lead our analyst program. This individual will be responsible for day to day functioning of our analyst class including: leading professional development sessions, serving as a manager for incoming analysts, guiding career development and final placement of the analysts, crafting, assigning and overseeing analyst projects in partnership with members of our departments and assessing and developing the analysts to be top performers within the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Research, design, and lead trainings on best practices of top performers, generalist skills, and finance topics
- Create, assign, and oversee the implementation of project-based work by new graduate employees
- Manage and guide the career development of new graduate employees over their first 2 years of work
- Coordinate across the company to solicit projects, assess staffing needs, and ensure new graduates can be fruitfully placed at the end of their program
- Lead and create mentorship and coaching relationships for new graduates
- Develop strategic planning skills such that you can independently run the planning and implementation cycles for future classes
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent experience/expertise
- 2+ years working with new graduates in a learning and development function
- 2+ years experience serving as a mentor, coach, or other leader for young professionals
- 2+ years experience in project management or oversight (does not need to be a formal project manager role)
- Independent, organized, and highly motivated individual
- Desire to develop and expand responsibility
- Willingness to learn strategic planning and program operation skills
- Care deeply about supporting junior talent to successful careers
- High capacity, high flexibility individual
- High EQ and comfort with giving/receiving/soliciting feedback
- Ownership at the task and project level with the ability to work toward ownership at the program level
- Clear communicator, empathetic boundary setter, and devoted learner
Nice to Haves
- Management experience
- ESG experience/background
- Based in San Francisco, CA
$85,000 - $130,000 a year
Base comp based on San Francisco, CA location
*base comp will change depending on area of residency
OpenInvest’s core values are:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards in how we treat each other, our communities, and our clients. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term, company-wide goals. OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or upon joining the company.
· We also encourage you to apply for this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.