Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Location: OpenInvest is a remote-first company, and you can be located anywhere in the US. We're based in San Francisco.
OpenInvest is a fast-growing fintech company with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, including YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest is now an independent subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase. OpenInvest is at the forefront of JPMC’s Environmental, Social & Corporate Governance (ESG) initiatives, and JPMC services are used in half of American households. Join us to help create leading-edge values-based investing and other sustainable finance solutions, to be used at scale by financial professionals and investors nationwide and around the world.
What You’ll Do
· Help build, maintain and manage our ESG analytics and investment customization applications that helps drive ethical investment decisions for up to $3.11 trillion in AUM
· Integrate our backend application with our consumer-facing frontend applications
· Write high quality, effective, scalable code maintaining best practices
· Contribute to observability and monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance and produce telemetry for developers.
· Participate in code reviews, rotating on-call, architecture reviews, and project planning
· Work on release management, rollout & deployment of services
· Work cross-functionally with other stakeholders like the product, operations, and sales teams, to design and build services to support business goals
· Lead engineering projects and mentor other junior engineers
Who You Are
· 6+ years engineering experience, ideally building web-based applications
· Proven expertise in thinking through software architecture & infrastructure decisions
· Extensive experience with Python & related frameworks, libraries, and patterns
· Familiarity with front-end technologies like React
· Knowledge and proficiency in using object-relational mapping (ORM) and relational databases
· Experience designing and building robust, scalable, secure systems and technology solutions
· Proven understanding of microservices-oriented architecture and extensible REST APIs
· Comfortable working in an honest and transparent culture; providing and receiving meaningful and intentional feedback
Nice to Haves
· Experience or interest in financial services or asset management
· Experience or interest in leading team members and/or technical projects
· Expertise in data engineering tooling and platformsExperience working with cloud infrastructure (AWS services, containers)
· Experience building and working in a microservice architecture
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skillsPractical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
· Experience with continuous delivery and continuous integration
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture that is as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.
· You will join OpenInvest as an employee of JPMorgan Chase.
· OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
· We also encourage you to apply to this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.