ESG Product Associate: Programs & Procedures
San Francisco, CA /
OpenInvest is a fast-growing fintech company with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest is now an independent subsidiary of J.P. Morgan Chase. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
We are looking for a Sustainable Investing Associate to help us build and execute our ESG product and research strategy. We are a leading provider of ESG-optimized investment solutions, and are looking for a committed team member to maintain and grow our suite of personalized, sustainable investing products. You will help us implement our highly differentiated ESG data set as we roll out new ESG causes and evolve existing ones.
Location: San Francisco strongly preferred (currently remote)
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
You will be asked to complete a homework assignment during the interview process.
What You'll Do
- Be the keeper of ESG methodology documentation and process, particularly for OpenInvest Causes
- Coordinate with compliance and governance teams on documentation and processes for new and existing ESG products
- Help to develop procedures that will maintain a high level of integrity in our research and methodology
- Organize and maintain ESG source pipeline database, internal research files, and company-wide Cause database
- Maintain team internal roadmap and project timelines
- Coordinate internal Cause methodology review process and maintain Cause review calendar
- Keep abreast of updates to data sources for team review
- Track team’s regular communication cadence with ESG data source partners
- Serve as subject matter expert on OpenInvest data sources and methodology across all ESG products
- Assist in researching novel datasets for ESG product design
- Maintain ESG library of recent sustainability trends, reports and thought leadership
- Collaborate with other OpenInvest teams (possibly including Product, Marketing and Engineering) on any and all ESG initiatives
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in managing ESG research or datasets
- Familiarity with investment products and asset management
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and obsession with product integrity
- Highly organized with strong data analysis skills and analytical mindset
- Experience with Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility to colleagues and clients
- Desirous of approaching new challenges independently
- Passion for ESG issues and interest in a values-led approach to sustainable investing
- Demonstrated success in driving process improvement and efficiency in a professional context
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to excel in a high-performance, professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong initiative and entrepreneurial spirit
Nice to Haves
- Experience with ESG financial products and providers (MSCI, Sustainalytics, Refinitiv)
- Experience with SQL and/or Python
- Digital product management in an Agile environment
- Previous project management experience in an ESG-centered business context
- Experience with data pertaining to Fixed Income, Alternative Investment vehicles, Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) and/or philanthropic initiatives
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.