Quantitative Finance Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
OpenInvest is a fast-growing early stage fintech company backed by major VCs. Our mission is to overhaul financial systems and align capital with social and environmental values. As one of the first companies to combine algorithmic investing with sustainable and responsible investment, we stand apart for the transparency, usability and customizability of the portfolios created on our platform.
Through our values and technology, we plan to create the next great disruption in finance. We are a Public Benefit Corporation and are supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley.
OpenInvest is seeking a software engineer with a background in the finance industry who can support complex portfolio analysis, construction, and optimization needs.
Location: This role can be filled anywhere in the US.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to sponsor new visas for this role. OpenInvest can help transition existing visas.
Compensation: $120,000-$140,000, + equity
- Develop OpenInvest’s core optimization, portfolio creation, tax management, and trade generation algorithms
- Perform client analysis
- Answer questions about portfolio management, trade generation, and optimization
- Execute novel algorithmic strategy research
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer in the finance industry (hedge fund, bank, financial services provider, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with python in financial setting
- Experience with technical computing tools such as pandas and cvxopt
- Skill with Excel, scripting, and similar ad hoc tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in any major
- Strong sense of ownership
- Independent and creative problem-solving ability
- Experience writing professional, production ready code
- Alignment with OpenInvest’s mission and vision
- Client facing presentation skills and polish
Nice to Haves
- Experience or passion for data visualization and analysis - tools like Tableau, Lookr, d3
- Experience with market data vendors such as QADirect, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.