ESG Product Analyst: Sustainability Data
New York City, NY /
OpenInvest is a fast-growing fintech company with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest is now an independent subsidiary of J.P. Morgan Chase. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
OpenInvest is looking to hire a Sustainability Data Associate to help us build and execute our ESG product and data strategy. We are a leading provider of ESG-optimized investment solutions and are looking for a committed team member to maintain and grow our suite of personalized sustainable investing solutions.
Location: New York or San Francisco. OpenInvest is currently remote but this role will be expected to return to office.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas or transfer visas for this role.
Note to candidates: You will be asked to complete a homework assignment during the interview process. You will be hired as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase.
What You'll Do
- Drive continuous system improvements to scale pre-and-post-production ESG data collection, assurance, and product/system integrations across multiple business verticals and use cases.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to design, implement, and document best-in-class data ETL pipeline processes.
- Monitor data inputs to identify inconsistencies in time to take mitigative action and escalate issues to the engineering teams when identified.
- Ensure precise quality control of the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of ESG data according to JPMC and OpenInvest data integrity standards by developing systematic risk-based internal data auditing tools.
- Coordinate ongoing communication with the Chief Data Office (CDO), ensuring timely and correct data delivery based on defined reporting standards.
- Support the integration of best practices around our ESG data within our reporting, analytical tooling, and portfolio optimization workstreams.
- Support sustainability-related assurance projects associated with systems implementations and business process transformation plans.
Who You Are
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, economics, engineering, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience aggregating, analyzing, and implementing disparate datasets for SaaS products.
- Ability and interest in developing complex data strategies and ETLs to streamline, scale, and automate existing or new processes.
- Technical expertise in Microsoft Excel or SQL, and programming skills in Python, R, or similar.
- Advanced data visualization skills in software tools such as Tableau or Looker.
- Strong attention to detail and analytically proficient, with a natural curiosity and innovative problem-solving approach.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex information to various stakeholders in ways that can easily inform their actions.
- Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse international team.
- Effective project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
Nice to Haves
- Strong programming skills in Python, with extensive experience in Pandas module for data analysis and data science.
- Familiarity with investment products and asset management.
- Extensive abilities and a proven record of success in sustainability and non-financial reporting on environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Experience with ESG financial products and data providers (Refinitiv, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS).
- Practical experience with ESG reporting, ESG assurance, or auditing.
- Strong understanding of sustainability issues and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with the Agile environment and JIRA workflows.
OpenInvest’s core values include:
- Pursuing a challenging mission
- Thriving on transparency
- Maintaining high standards of integrity
- Guaranteeing the right to be heard
- Prioritizing personal growth
- Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.