ESG Product Associate: Sustainable Reporting
New York City, NY /
OpenInvest is a fast-growing fintech company with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest is now an independent subsidiary of J.P. Morgan Chase. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
OpenInvest is looking to hire a Sustainability Reporting Associate to help us build out and scale our digital reporting experience throughout the JPMC ecosystem. We are a leading provider of ESG-optimized investment solutions and are looking for a committed team member to maintain and grow our suite of personalized sustainable investing solutions.
Location: New York City or San Francisco (currently remote)
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
You will be asked to complete a homework assignment during the interview process.
What You'll Do
- Support the strategy and product development of sustainability reporting and disclosure solutions for investment products across multiple business verticals
- Contribute to the development of innovative reporting features that effectively communicate sustainability metrics
- Integrate solutions across numerous user interfaces and portfolio analytics tools
- Run point on day-to-day operational issues and leverage subject matter expertise to resolve problems
- Incorporate research, usability studies, and rigorous validation controls into your idea generation and product design process
- Drive continuous improvement consistent with reporting standards and best practices
- Conduct analyses of gaps within our current solutions and make recommendations for enhancements
- Manage external disclosure requirements, ensuring full validation and documentation in line with JMPC’s assurance and disclosure processes
- Monitor global regulatory landscape for evolving regional reporting requirements, research emerging issues, and support readiness and response for ESG-related compliance
- Support stakeholder engagement process, plans, and events to understand and integrate relevant feedback and expectations
- Prepare high-quality materials to support steering committees, management meetings, as well as training materials
- Partner with internal stakeholders on sustainability projects and contribute to maturing projects for handover and internal management in the functions.
Who You Are
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in sustainability, environmental management, public policy, or environmental engineering is preferred
- 3-6 years of experience in ESG/sustainability reporting or consulting/strategy roles, ideally within a wealth management or at an asset management firm
- Experience managing the development of sustainability reporting tools
- Familiarity with investment products and asset management
- Technical expertise in design software (Figma, Proto.io, InVision, Adobe XD, or similar) to develop or influence produce wireframes
- Outstanding communicator with excellent presentation, verbal, and written skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, including the ability to navigate various stakeholders, manage simultaneous projects, and drive to completion
- Experience leading and facilitating group processes; skilled at influencing, collaborating, and maintaining positive relationships
- Demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight deadlines, independently and as part of a team.
Nice to Haves
- Technical fixed income and multi-asset class experience with an understanding of complex portfolio analytics tools
- In-depth knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, including SFDR, CSRD, GRI, SASB, CDP, GHG Protocol, and TCFD
- Robust analytics and visualization skills; comfortable working with large datasets in SQL, Excel, and Tableau
- Extensive abilities and a proven record of success in sustainability and non-financial reporting on environmental, social, and governance issues
- Experience with ESG financial products and data providers (Refinitiv, MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS)
- Strong understanding of sustainability issues and regulatory reporting requirements
- Familiarity with the Agile environment and JIRA workflows
- Masters in a sustainability-related field
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.