Senior Product Designer
San Francisco, CA /
OpenInvest is a fintech company that has been recently acquired by JP Morgan. Our mission is to mainstream socially responsible investing. As one of the first companies to combine algorithmic investing with sustainable and responsible investment, we stand apart for the transparency, usability and customizability of the portfolios created on our platform.
Through our values and technology, we plan to create the next great disruption in finance. As part of JP Morgan Wealth Management, we plan to scale our services to a much larger audience and increase the reach of our mission.
Location: Anywhere in the US. OpenInvest is based in San Francisco.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
Note to candidates: You will onboard as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase.
What You'll Do: Product Design and User Research
- Cultivate a more design driven culture to the team
- Help gather requirements, give advice on design best practices to integrate into project plans, and take ownership in their execution
- Bring an innovative perspective to our ongoing projects
- Integrate with other design teams within the organization to ensure design consistency and healthy project hand off.
- Help conduct user research interviews and usability testing sessions
- Analyze and synthesize user findings into meaningful and applicable insights
- Keep the entire team informed about user findings
What You'll Do: UX and Visual/UI Design
- Translate product requirements and customer/user research into clearly defined design deliverables - sketches, tasks flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to a delightful user experience
- Help facilitate design thinking and user journey discovery workshops with product management and other stakeholders
- Create and iterate rapidly on clickable prototypes
- Apply JP Morgan brand guidelines in an acceptable way that is also aesthetically pleasing and is in line with OpenInvest’s visual identity
- Maintain and improve on our design system and work with developers to translate into code
Who You Are
- +5 years of Product Design experience
- Strong portfolio of case studies that showcase your end to end design process
- Sufficient knowledge of Figma
- Self-motivated and ability to execute a project with limited supervision
- Ability to understand high level product strategy and vision and clearly communicate design decisions
- Experience working cross functionally with stakeholders from multiple teams
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience designing financial applications
- Experience designing data visualizations
- Good understanding of financial concepts and experience working with financial advisory management tools and applications
- Experience coordinating design work with other designers
OpenInvest’s core values include:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We encourage you to give and receive earnest and constructive feedback. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term company-wide goals.
OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture. We are committed to including these elements in every aspect of our company.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.