Director of Software Product Management
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based ﬁnancial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more.
Formerly a Public Beneﬁt Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable ﬁnance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
We are looking for someone to lead our software product management function – to manage, develop, and coordinate the work of product managers and to work with engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to produce and ship great software.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
Note to candidates: You will be hired as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase.
Location: Anywhere in the US
Who You Are
· 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager for a software product, ideally in FinTech.
· Experience as the product owner for an agile backlog.
· Experience writing detailed and clear product requirements.
· Experience and passion for growing, managing, and supporting a team of product managers
What You’ll Do
· Hire, train, develop, and support individual contributing product managers.
· Own at most one product roadmap, but serve as a consultant, sounding board, and point of escalation for more.
· Own the cadence and processes for building software against those roadmaps.
· Build relationships, deﬁne strategy, and distill requirements from stakeholders.
· Deﬁne and reﬁne a productive, timely, sustainable, creative, and business-aligned way of shipping software.
Nice to Haves
· Experience in Fintech
· Experience with asset and wealth management or other traditional ﬁnance
· Practical experience with and opinions about agile and other software development practices
OpenInvest’s core values are:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards in how we treat each other, our communities, and our clients. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term, company-wide goals. OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or on joining the company.
· You will join OpenInvest as an employee of JPMorgan Chase.
· OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred.
· We also encourage you to apply to this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.