Director of Enterprise Engineering
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the Role
As the Director of Enterprise Engineering, you will be a critical member of the Global Operations leadership team and lead the global teams who build and integrate high quality business-critical software solutions for the OpenMarket enterprise. Your department will utilize agile delivery methods to develop an integrated, modern and sustainable suite of enterprise applications and services that align with business strategy and outcomes.
What You’ll be Doing
- Partner with business stakeholders to establish strategic priorities and plans for building business-critical and service-enhancing software platforms across OpenMarket.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering and Operations leaders to design, develop and maintain an overall enterprise roadmap and strategy that aligns with OpenMarket’s strategic portfolio.
- Help guide, shape and support the corporate strategic vision and day-to-day operations as a strategic leader of an overall product-driven organization.
- Build and grow a high-performance team through effective hiring, coaching and development.
What to Bring
- 12+ years experience building and leading a growing engineering function.
- 8+ years building high functioning Engineering teams, including; recruiting, mentoring and retaining a diverse talent base.
- Hands-on experience leading teams using Agile methodology.
- Passion for building diverse teams and providing an inclusive environment where employees can show up as their authentic self and do their best work.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other STEM degree.
You’ll be a Great Fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands.
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work.
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.