Software Development Manager
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Software Development Manager
Do you enjoy breaking down large, multi-functional technical problems into meaningful chunks and leading the resources required to make things happen? Do you want to play a key role in building great development teams?
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a technical team comprised of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and program managers. You will provide guidance and support to your team throughout the software development lifecycle as they build projects and services in an agile environment. Working with small, dedicated service teams, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style to champion OpenMarket's culture and team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across technical matters and business discussions
- Ability to contribute to software design discussions and solve problems while considering the bigger picture
- Experience with high availability and scalability of web services and microservices
- Ability to analyze business requirements and drive projects to deliver value to meet customer needs
- Ability to work through roadblocks and provide solutions
- Ability to cultivate a positive work environment
- Enthusiasm for actively mentoring and giving feedback, as well as receiving feedback from others
- Ability to recognize how your own behavior influences others
- Willingness to have an advocacy mindset to address the needs of your team
- Desire to learn how to navigate difficult conversations
- Formal or informal experience leading software development teams such as a development manager, technical lead, program manager, or project manager
- Ability to effectively conduct interviews to evangelize OpenMarket and evaluate culture fit
- Desire to drive and define OpenMarket processes, such as: recruiting, training, career progression, etc.
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Java server-side software design
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love leading small, dynamic, and agile teams that encourage you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.