Lead Software Development Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Lead Software Development Engineer
Do you enjoy breaking down large, multi-functional technical problems into meaningful chunks and leading the resources required to make things happen? Do you want to play a key role in building phenomenal development teams?
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer to provide leadership within a technical team comprised of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and program managers. You will provide guidance and support to your team throughout the software development lifecycle as they build projects and services in an agile environment. Working with small, dedicated service teams, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across technical matters and business discussions
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development
- Ability to lead software design discussions and tackle problems while considering the bigger picture
- Ability to analyze business requirements and help the team drive projects to deliver value to meet customer needs
- Ability to cultivate a positive work environment
- Enthusiasm for actively mentoring and giving feedback, as well as receiving feedback from others
- Willingness to have an advocacy mindset to address the needs of your team
- Ability to effectively conduct interviews to evangelize OpenMarket and evaluate culture fit
- Willingness to speak up and drive the conversation when the room is quiet
- Desire to drive and define OpenMarket processes, such as: recruiting, training, career progression, etc.
- Desire to improve and learn soft skills to help create harmony and resolution
- Desire to transition your focus towards management
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with recognizing how your own behavior influences others
- Desire to learn how to navigate difficult conversations
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love leading small, dynamic, and agile teams that encourage you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.