Data Scientist Intern
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Data Scientist Intern
Do you enjoy breaking down large data sets into meaningful clusters and utilising the resources required to make things happen?
Would you like to become the next member of a collaborative data engineering team? Do you want to be mentored and gain marketable skills? We don't put you in an isolated corner, assign you fake projects, and say "see you in 3 months." If this sounds like the ideal internship, we want to hear from you.
OpenMarket is currently offering an internship opportunity for a Data Scientist to join a team comprising of data engineers and data scientists. You will explore and analyze the company data, building algorithms and models which provide data insights to the business.
- Flexible 12 week program; Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- Paid position with salary and benefits; high conversion rate to full-time position
- Join a service team, working with OpenMarket engineers building real products
- Your assigned mentor will help you ramp up quickly, answer questions, and provide direction
- All code is reviewed and tested by the team to ensure production readiness
- Fun and engaging team bonding events throughout your internship
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- An understanding of data analytics and ability to interpret unstructured data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills
- Strong understanding of statistical methods
- Knowledge of SQL, machine learning, Python and cloud computing are a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.