Data & Insights Consultant
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
You will use your data expertise to present data visualizations to customers that are easily understandable and lead to better business decisions. You will meet with customers to determine their data needs, wrangle disparate data sets, and craft user-friendly visualizations that answer business critical decisions for customers. You love challenges, are skilled at working with customers and comfortable accessing and interpreting big data from various sources. You are experienced with creating data visualizations through Tableau. You will also solve data problems for OpenMarket employees to enable data driven decision-making.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering value to customers by understanding their requirements and use cases, advising on how best to meet those use cases, and creating visualizations that empower data driven decision-making
- Working cross functionally to unlock data mysteries and make valuable contributions for customers
- Presenting solutions to customers that drive better business decisions and assisting in adoption and future iterations of analysis
- Overseeing relationships with customers and revisiting data needs periodically
- Acting as a trusted data advisor to internal and external customers
- Advising on standard methodologies in reporting and analysis and drive adoption
What to bring
- 5+ years experience working with data in an analyst, research, or data scientist fashion
- A proven track record of presenting complex data concepts in ways that are understandable regardless of the audience’s level of data understanding
- Strong consulting and client-facing experience in the data analytics space
- Ability to use Tableau to demonstrate data findings
- Experience preparing Tableau dashboards for customer use based on specific use cases
- Ability to collaborate effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer engineering or equivalent
- Tableau Qualified Desktop Associate preferred
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in London, GB.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.