Technical Support Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
What you'll be doing
- Responding to and triaging technical support enquiries from our customer via telephone and email
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools, database and log file analysis
- Raising technical problems to relevant internal and external parties as necessary
- Regularly updating customers on open support tickets
- Active handling of internal system alerts, including alarms from monitoring
- Actively helping to identify ways to improve internal support practices and procedures, including recommending any identified improvements to the tools used by the support team
- Reviewing and suggesting updates to customer facing documentation based on reported customer issues
- Helping to build and maintain a library of support documentation for use by the global team
What to bring
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills with a genial and professional manner
- A good numerate degree
- Strong interest in computing and technology
- Enthusiasm and diligence
- Be comfortable working in a small, dynamic busy team
- Practical experience of databases, Linux (e.g. shell scripting) and networking (TCP/IP, HTTP and other common Internet protocols)
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You are self-motivated and take ownership of tasks and complete them by collaborating with team
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.