Principal Technical Program Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Principal Technical Program Manager
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? As an integral member of a development team, you will lead complex projects and services in an agile environment throughout the software development life-cycle, from project initiation to post-production support. You are a guru in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core project management principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms. You have a proven track record of taking ownership and of delivering results in a fast paced environment, including a history of successfully delivering large scale projects end to end, through the entire life-cycle.
What you'll be doing
- There are two types of Program Managers in this world: a scorekeeper and a quarterback; we are looking for a quarterback; a driver
- You will analyze and document business requirements
- You will write functional specifications for REST APIs and refine them with service teams
- You will develop project plans and schedules to meet business objectives. Acting as liaison with various groups and departments
- You will work with individuals and managers to estimate duration for activities and establish common targets
- You will act as the focal point of contact for project requirements, status, and issue resolution
- You will continuously work with the service team to evaluate risks and assess potential impacts on project delivery
- You will coordinate and facilitate the team's Agile practices
- You will collaborate with external customers and partners on integration projects
- You will supervise or mentor other technical program managers while working as the Technical Program Manager for other services.
- You will be recognized as a subject matter expert and provide “go to” leadership for your domain.
- You will continuously look for process improvement opportunities, driving and leading those changes across the organization
- You will influence indirect reports, project stakeholders, and executives to support the business goals
What to bring
- 10+ years of Program or Software Management in a technical engineering environment
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Strong problem-solving skills—creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams
- Working knowledge of HTTP protocol: requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Tailors communications to the appropriate audience and the appropriate level: wonderfully succinct
- A collaborative working style—work well in a team environment
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, information security, or high availability, a plus
You'll be a great fit if
- You love leading dynamic, and agile teams that encourage you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.