UI Software Development Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
UI Software Development Engineer
Would you love opportunities for making a real impact in the way users interact with and experience an application? Are you seeking new challenges in a flexible work environment where you will feel engaged and your contributions valued?
OpenMarket is currently seeking UI developers to build exciting, friendly and user-centered interfaces for our products. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated and collaborative service team, you will collaborate closely with engineers and UX designers for creating exceptional user experiences for our customers, ensuring smooth and intuitive interactions while using our services and platforms.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams handle the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment consisting of UX designers and engineering teams
- Experience with DOM manipulation
- Knowledge of image authoring tools and SVGs
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience implementing UI designs and SPAs
- Experience utilizing RESTful web services
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Test focused mindset to ensure quality of your code
- Working knowledge of Linux such as scripting and command line tools
- Willingness to promote standards and methodologies within your team
- Desire to seek new challenges and grow your career
Nice to have
- Flexibility to get familiar with Java development
- Familiarity with persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular (not Angular JS), React, Bootstrap, jQuery Plugins and VUE.js
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with NodeJS and the NPM environment
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about sharing your perspectives to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.