Seattle, Washington, United States
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
About the role
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ on the Cloud Technologies team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero down time of services hosted by Operations. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you'll be doing
- Partner with application teams and assist them with automated deployment, architecture, and troubleshooting assistance.
- Day-to-day operational support of a CD infrastructure relied upon by teams deploying software to the cloud
- Write code to support the deployment of services in our cloud environment
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Cloud Technology offerings
- Work directly with developers to deploy cloud services, resolve issues, and determine solutions
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- 5+ years of experience working with Linux systems
- 5+ years full stack cloud development or DevOps experience
- 4+ years coding experience in Python, and Bash scripting
- 4+ years working with and supporting AWS
- Demonstrable proficiency with HashiCorp Terraform
- 2+ years experience working with GIT
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a highly visible fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of various deliverables and their respective deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
Nice to have
- Experience with centralized configuration management such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working with other cloud technology stacks (Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience functioning as a cloud architect
- Software development experience
- Experience deploying highly available Java services in large distributed architectures
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that inspires you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and determining how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.